Who is Charlotte Caslick: Ten stuff you will have to know in regards to the Australia Sevens again
Charlotte Caslick is a dynamic playmaker and perilous ball-carrier for Australia‘s sevens side. She honed her skills playing touch rugby and has become one of her sport’s main avid gamers.
Ten stuff you will have to find out about Charlotte Caslick
1. Charlotte Caslick used to be born on 9 March 1995 in Brisbane. She attended Brisbane State High School, whose spectacular carrying alumni additionally contains Wallaby Samu Kerevi, ex-Fiji captain Mosese Rauluni and cricketer Marnus Labuschagne.
2. She performed contact rugby in her formative years and used to be named participant of the sequence on the 2012 National Youth Championships.
3. After sevens used to be introduced as a brand new game of the 2016 Olympic Games, a 16-year-old Caslick used to be contacted via Rugby Australia as a part of the governing frame’s squad-building technique for the development. By the age of 18, she had made her Australia sevens debut.
4. She is engaged to Australia males’s sevens global Lewis Holland.
5. Caslick first of all had bother with the physicality of sevens. “I struggled for a while getting my head around running at people as hard as I can, and tackling people running hard at me,” she instructed the Sydney Morning Herald in 2016. “That was the biggest area I had to work on. The more you do the better you get.”
6. Nevertheless, she briefly turned into probably the most game’s main figures, making the primary of 3 consecutive World Series Dream Teams in 2014.
7. Caslick and Australia loved an implausible 2016. The group received its first World Sevens Series name in May, sooner than claiming gold on the first sevens match on the Olympic video games in August. Caslick capped issues off via being named World Rugby Women’s Sevens Player of the Year.
8. She wears her hair in pigtails whilst taking part in, a mode which has develop into her trademark however started by chance. Officials at a match in Atlanta knowledgeable Caslick that her lengthy hair used to be masking her quantity so, to steer clear of reducing it off, she made up our minds to game pigtails going ahead.
9 After the Covid-19 pandemic suspended global sevens competitions, Caslick signed for rugby league franchise Sydney Roosters in 2020, however performed simplest two video games sooner than struggling a again damage.
10. Once she recovered, Caslick returned to the Australia sevens set-up in time for the postponed Tokyo Olympics, however the protecting champions misplaced to Fiji within the quarter-finals.
Download the virtual version of Rugby World instantly on your pill or subscribe to the print version to get the mag delivered on your door.
Follow Rugby World on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.